Wednesday, January 5, 2011

I am choosing a word for the year.  I have followed along with Christine Kane watching her grow, and become the wonderful folk art musician she is.  Christine has a wonderful work book that aids you in choosing your word. 

Fear tends to catch me, in the form of many excuses - all of them to protect that which is familiar to and keep me safe.  I have never made the leap and picked a word to guide, and bring along it's energy into my world.  This year I jumped!  LOL

My word is begin (commence): (definitions from the dictionary below)

1. Take the first step or steps in carrying out an action

2. Have a beginning, in a temporal, spatial, or evaluative sense

3. Set in motion, cause to start

4. Start speaking or saying

5. Be the first item or point, constitute the beginning or start, come first in a series

The synonym to Begin is "commence"  This word resonates with me as well.

So here today, I Begin (again - *smile*)

It's not too late for you either . . .click on Christine's name above, visit her website and get her wonderful booklet!   You too can join me on this adventure with a word of the year! 

Until Next Time,
Renee

No comments: